Nicaragua - Finca Esperanza Verde
If you are looking for a special accommodation in the north of Nicaragua, Finca Esperanza Verde will not be unnoticed. This ecolodge is characterized by its excellent service and perfect overall concept. Furthermore, the ecolodge is known for an outstanding location in the highlands of Nicaragua, approximately 20 km from Matagalpa. Here at 1.200 m above the sea level, the ecosystem of the cloud forest is still intact and nature presents itself from its most splendid side. The Finca is located in an own huge and remote property. The accommodations are perfectly incorporated in a mountain slope and guarantee an amazing view. Here you will find peace and a way to escape from everyday life. At the same time your visit helps the owners Vivianne and Andrew to support the local people. All their employees are from the near surroundings, which usually are very poor. Several projects of the Finca, help the immediate region around San Ramón. The Finca is also a coffee farm that produces organic coffee. However, a local school is operated on the property and maintained through the Finca and women who earn their living by manufacturing jewellery are supported. Numerous activities allow being very close to the nature. Five easy and middle levelled hiking trails lead through the entire property. The hiking trails are well signposted and therefore can be discovered with or without guide. However, the trained eye of a guide obviously increases the possibility to see a slot or other animals of the rainforest such as numerous bird species. On the way you will find benches that invite to relax, viewpoints and two waterfalls. One of the waterfalls has a small pond where you can even swim. Additional activities are the visit to the butterfly house and the school although you should not forget everything involved with the coffee production. You can book a short tour to understand how coffee cultivation works or you can pick coffee beans yourself (the season is from November to January) to support the employees during the harvest. Everyone who wants to help will find innumerable possibilities in the network of the Finca such as gardening. The majority of the served food is cultivated in the garden. The rest is bought in surrounding communities. Furthermore, you can also teach in the school or help with manual reparations on the hiking trails or buildings. All of these activities contribute to the reputation that Finca Esperanza Verde has established internationally as an ecolodge with sustainable tourism. Therefore, the Finca has won several awards. There are several own springs of water, which assures the entire water supply, and the electricity is won through solar power and hydropower. You can find warm water in a separate shower building. The water is heated CO2 neutral through wood combustion. Discover a unique accommodation in middle of the greatest nature.
- 3 Colibri cabins, positioned to the west and build romantically on stilts, it is possible to book two single beds or one double bed, mosquito net, own bathroom with shower and WC, private veranda with 2 chairs to enjoy the sunset and an amazing view, electricity supply through solar panel
- 2 Tucan cabins, positioned to the west and build on a hill, located close to a stream, completely renovated, 3 bunk beds for 6 persons, two bathrooms with shower and WC, wide veranda to enjoy the sunset, booking starts from 3 persons, electricity supply through solar panel
- 1 MotMot cabin, build on a hill with a beautiful view at the gardens, renovated in 2015, 4 bunk beds for 8 persons, two bathrooms with shower and WC, wooden veranda offers an impressive view at the mountains and gardens, booking starts from 4 persons, electricity supply through solar panel
- Room Java is located in the inferior part of the coffee farm, only 3 walking minutes from the dining room, it is possible to book two single beds or one double bed – an additional bed for a third person is also available, one bathroom with shower, a big shared veranda with hammocks and chairs are available for all three rooms– it is the perfect place to enjoy the farm and the beauty of nature
- Room Caturra is located in the inferior part of the farm, only 3 walking minutes from the dining room, situated next to Java and Maragojipe, two single beds, one bathroom with WC, a big and shared veranda with hammocks and chairs is available for all the rooms – it is the best place to relax
- Room Maragogype is located in the inferior part of the coffee farm, situated next to Java and Caturra, simple room for price conscious guests, 2 bunk beds, one bathroom with shower and WC, a big and shared veranda with hammocks and chairs is available for all the rooms, booking starts from 2 persons
- Check-in at 15:00
- Check-out until 12:00
- No pets allowed
- Free bathroom supplies
- Wifi at the reception and restaurant area
- Hot water in separate shower building, 4 showers
- Free parking
- Lunch and dinner (can be booked for 12,00 € each)
- Transfer to the Finca
- Colibri: 94,50 € per cabin (1 - 2 guests), breakfast included
- Tucan: 148,50 € per cabin (3 - 6 guests), breakfast included
- MotMot: 148,50 € per cabin (4 - 8 guests), breakfast included
- Java: 25 € per person (1 - 3 guests), breakfast included
- Caturra: 25 € per person (1 - 2 guests), breakfast included
- Maragojipe: 15 € per person (1 - 4 guests), breakfast included
- Free accommodation for children until the age of 2
- 50 % off for children from the age of 3 to 11
- Lunch and dinner (can be booked for 12,00 € each)
- Non-alcoholic beverages: 1 €
- Beer: 2 €
- Glass of wine: 6 - 8 €
- Bottle of wine: 21 - 25 €
- After receiving the booking confirmation it is necessary to make a deposit of 50 % of the travel price. The remaining payment needs to be made within 30 days before starting the trip.
- There is no cancellation fee if the cancellation is made not later than 30 days before starting the trip.
- There will be no refund if the trip is cancelled 29 days before the check in. The same conditions apply in case of no appearance or early departure. The whole travel price has to be paid.
Our web page is currently being equipped with an automated booking process. Until this update is finished, we gladly receive your reservation request by email at email@example.com.
We require the following information:
Name of the trip:
Number of travellers:
We will contact you as your personal travel advisor as soon as we receive your email.